You never know what kind of interesting or fabulous art you will find searching the internet. Whether it be something famous or something not quite noticed yet, some things you just can't forget. Some things will amaze you and somethings will leave you just plain speechless. So here I will share with you what I find every Friday! If you find something worth sharing please, feel free to let me know and I will be glad to put it in my blog! Also dont forget to check out my older posts!
Hope you enjoy!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Luminous Inspirations by Kent Davis


This artist actually found me on flickr. I checked out his website and I really like what he has going. Its very different and beautiful. He takes wood and paper and light and puts it all together to create a piece of art. They seem to flow and feel very free and relaxing. The light adds so much to the artwork as if it is alive. Like the glow you have when you are genuinely happy.


As far back as I can remember I have always been intrigued by light and illumination. Even as a young boy my bedroom was aglow each night with the many glow-in-the-dark models I had built. As I got older I began collecting odd and unusual lamps. Eventually I began creating illuminated sculptures that have since evolved into the pieces I currently make. In creating these pieces I work with three main elements: wood, paper and light. I enjoy working with these natural materials, especially the paper due to its fragility, flexibility and beauty.


 If you would like to learn more about this artist and his wonderful art, you can visit his website! There you can see more pictures of his work and the different angles to show the depth and details of each piece.

1 comment:

  1. Amazingly beautiful work! thank you for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete